Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Hartford, CT 06101 US
Working alongside the Controller, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for a broad range of accounting related activities. These include budgeting, maintaining accurate and organized financials, financial analysis, and forecasting.
This is a great opportunity with a stable and adaptable manufacturing company that has been in business for almost 30 years.
- Collect and analyze data to determine costs of different business procedures and activities
- Analyze the effects that changes in manufacturing processes have in costs
- Cost audits and reporting
- Lead month end general ledger closing
- Journal entries for inventory, payroll, utilities, etc.
- Account reconciliations
- Conduct inventory counts and audits
- Bachelor's in accounting is preferred
- 2+ years in accounting, preferable for a manufacturing company
- Analytical skills
- Skills in MS Office, especially Excel
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Office Services
Colin Paterson has over 6 years of experience in the staffing industry and leads our Office Support team here at J. Morrissey. He primarily focuses on temporary placements of office and financial professional across all industries.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Colin was a Contracts and Recruiting Manager at a national recruiting and staffing firm where he led a team of recruiters focusing on sourcing and filling skilled positions across manufacturing, engineering and distribution industries. While there he learned various management styles, industry trends, sales techniques and situational leadership skills.
Colin is actively involved with Quinnipiac Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bristol Continuing Education, and the Central Connecticut State University Alumni Association. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University. His recruiting and staffing industry knowledge enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates and clients to ensure good matches on both sides.