Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
280 Chestnut Street Springfield, MA 01104 | Temp
The Talent Acquisition Consultant is responsible for recruiting exempt and non-exempt administrative, technical, clerical, professional, clinical, supervisory and managerial positions for assigned departments throughout Baystate Health. Participates as part of the Talent Acquisition team to provide quality staffing and work closely with assigned hiring managers to perform full life cycle recruitment functions. Responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategy, screening, scheduling and conducting behavioral event Interviews, conducting salary negotiations, extending offers and coordinating the on-boarding of new hires. Talent Acquisition Consultant is the primary contact for candidates from the start of the hiring process through to the initial 90 days of employment.
Additional responsibilities will include:
• You will conduct engagement meetings with hiring managers to discuss department needs and develop sourcing strategy. Works with hiring manager to determine need for advertising and provides advertisement options. Determines methods to validate selection based on the job requirements that may include, but are not limited to, software testing, review of clinical evaluations and assessments, and review of driving record.
• Implements strategies to source candidates that may include a combination of on-line postings, career job boards, use of social media, contacting candidates directly (cold calling), representing the organization at Job Fairs and Career Days, building relationships by networking and creating candidate pipelines and use of other traditional and non-traditional recruiting techniques.
• Prescreens and interviews candidates for referral to the hiring manager. Ensures all candidates meet the minimum qualifications of the position. Reviews Internal Resumes, attendance, performance/ warnings and cumulative hours worked for internal applicants to verify transfer eligibility. Use appropriate Behavioral Event Interviewing techniques to ensure all candidates exhibit BMC core values. Maintains contact with the candidate throughout the hiring process and provide feedback at each stage in the recruitment cycle. Ensures HR practices and principles, all applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations are met through the interview process. Maintains the PeopleSoft database so that all records are correct and updated including contact notes and candidate disposition.
• Maintains the PeopleSoft database to reflect correct and updated information and creating job postings for new positions. Coordinates with the HR Assistant in scheduling travel and lodging for candidate and shares itinerary with candidate in advance of site visit.
• Achieves timely communication with candidates and internal customers. Achieves satisfactory scores on Manager and New Hire Surveys. Possess a strong understanding of business need and is able to clearly articulate to client groups and candidates. Utilizes excellent presentation skills to share information with management teams from recruitment. Notifies management of any candidate issues that need attention to avoid poor customer service.
• Fills open positions at most organizational levels within a timeframe on par with industry standards. Ensures that the Director of Recruitment is aware of positions that will exceed TTF guidance/ expectations.
• Responsible for contributing to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the department. Identify business issues and recommend solutions to the team. Demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to support others as appropriate. Demonstrate ability to work effectively across the HR Division. Participate in team building exercises and act as an advocate for change.
What You Will Need:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 years professional recruiting experience is required
• Candidate with high volume clinical and non-clinical recruitment experience
• Background in healthcare is highly preferred.
• PHR or SPHR preferred.
• Technical skills, critical thinking and decision making, computer acumen, consulting, organizational, project management and excellent customer services skills with a positive image
What You Need To Know:
• 40 hours per week
Branch Manager, Springfield Office
Derek Carroll has been working in healthcare staffing and recruiting for over 20 years, and has been with J.Morrissey since 2012. Prior to coming to J.Morrissey, Derek ran a private duty homecare company matching caregivers to families, and a staffing agency providing healthcare workers to a variety of settings such as long term care, hospitals, corrections, occupational health, behavioral health and more.
As the Branch Manager for J.Morrissey’s Springfield office, Derek continues to staff clinical and non-clinical personnel in those types of healthcare settings, in addition to roles in insurance, finance, commercial and other industries. Derek is also responsible for the daily operations of the branch and its staff, as well as collaborating extensively with the other divisions.
Derek is active in the Pioneer Valley community with serving on the Business Advisory Council for the Mass Rehab Commission and the Allied Health Collaborative through the Regional Employment Board. He also participates with several career services agencies, as well as social services agencies in the region such as Wayfinders and Viability Inc.
Derek received a Bachelor of Science degree in Liberal Arts from Northeastern University in Boston, with concentrations in Philosophy and Psychology.