Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Windsor, CT 06095 US
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
In partnership with a longstanding client J. Morrissey is actively in the search of an experienced Tax Manager. This exciting opportunity will be responsible for providing tax support among all locations across the nation working closely with accounting and operations teams. Our ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience working in public accounting working on larger companies. This positions offers tons of opportunity and growth and is a very visible role throughout the organization.
- Oversees the processing of tax registrations for sales/use, and business taxes in multiple states.
- ?Obtains tax clearances on monthly basis.
- Continuous review, oversight and sign off of sales tax return preparation
- Assist with preparation and review of personal property declarations, business tax returns, possible refund claims and sales and use tax.
- Performs internal audits, audits of tax filings and preparation of tax SOP's and development of any remediation plans needed.
- Research of new tax policies and regulations in new markets
- Work with M&A group
- Analyze and provide estimated tax reserves for month-end financial reporting.
- Support Director with ad-hoc projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- 5+ years state/local tax experience from public accounting firm
- Advanced MS Excel skills
$100K - $110K/yr
Industry leading benefits package
Inclusive and exciting work environment
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Office Services
Colin Paterson has over 6 years of experience in the staffing industry and leads our Office Support team here at J. Morrissey. He primarily focuses on temporary placements of office and financial professional across all industries.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Colin was a Contracts and Recruiting Manager at a national recruiting and staffing firm where he led a team of recruiters focusing on sourcing and filling skilled positions across manufacturing, engineering and distribution industries. While there he learned various management styles, industry trends, sales techniques and situational leadership skills.
Colin is actively involved with Quinnipiac Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bristol Continuing Education, and the Central Connecticut State University Alumni Association. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University. His recruiting and staffing industry knowledge enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates and clients to ensure good matches on both sides.