Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Windsor, CT 06095 US
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
In partnership with a longstanding client J. Morrissey is actively in the search of an experienced Tax Manager. This exciting opportunity will be responsible for providing tax support among all locations across the nation working closely with accounting and operations teams. Our ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience working in public accounting working on larger companies. This positions offers tons of opportunity and growth and is a very visible role throughout the organization.
- Oversees the processing of tax registrations for sales/use, and business taxes in multiple states.
- ?Obtains tax clearances on monthly basis.
- Continuous review, oversight and sign off of sales tax return preparation
- Assist with preparation and review of personal property declarations, business tax returns, possible refund claims and sales and use tax.
- Performs internal audits, audits of tax filings and preparation of tax SOP's and development of any remediation plans needed.
- Research of new tax policies and regulations in new markets
- Work with M&A group
- Analyze and provide estimated tax reserves for month-end financial reporting.
- Support Director with ad-hoc projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- 5+ years state/local tax experience from public accounting firm
- Advanced MS Excel skills
$100K - $110K/yr
Industry leading benefits package
Inclusive and exciting work environment
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Professional Services
Colin Paterson's journey from Central Connecticut State University to the world of recruiting is a testament to his determination to follow in his father's footsteps in the business world. With a strong competitive spirit cultivated through years of playing sports and a natural talent for building relationships, Colin seamlessly transitioned into the staffing industry.
With over 12 years of experience spanning diverse industries, including accounting/finance, administrative support, manufacturing/engineering/supply chain, and human resources, Colin has honed his expertise in connecting the right talent with the right opportunities.
In March 2017, Colin embarked on his career with J. Morrissey, and his dedication and strategic thinking quickly propelled him to the role of Vice President of Accounting/Finance and Administrative Support Group. In this capacity, he continues to make a significant impact, shaping the future of the company.
Beyond his professional pursuits, Colin is an avid traveler with a passion for exploring new places and cultures. While he may have come to terms with the fact that his aspirations of becoming a professional golfer will remain a hobby, his commitment to excellence and continuous growth remain unwavering.
Colin Paterson's story is a testament to the power of determination, competitive spirit, and building strong relationships to succeed in the business world.