Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
55 Long Warf Drive New Haven, CT 06511 US
- Interact closely with clients to provide innovative business, tax planning, consulting and compliance services in a timely and effective manner.
- Prepare and review federal and state corporate, individual, and partnership returns, including exercising professional judgement with respect to issue identification to develop solutions.
- Supervisor and help drive the success of multiple engagements in corporate, partnership and individual taxation.
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing and meeting deadlines, and proactively sharing tax saving strategies.
- Work closely with Partners, Senior Managers, Managers, and staff on client management, professional development, and business development activities.
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor staff-including performance and engagement reviews.
- Attend professional development and continuing education sessions on a regular basis.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university (minimum of 150 college credits required).
- Masters in Taxation is a plus
- Minimum 3+ years solid tax experience in public accounting
- CPA certification or working towards certification required.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively and logically.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, priority, and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, organization, and communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Recruiter, Accounting & Finance
John Pinone is an accomplished executive recruiter specializing in accounting and finance. With a career spanning several years, John has honed his expertise in conducting full-cycle C-level executive searches, overseeing every aspect from search design to strategic consulting services customized to meet the unique needs of his clients.
Having built a stellar reputation, John boasts a proven track record of spearheading successful projects and introducing innovative business solutions to organizations across North America.
John's career journey includes a stint as a branch manager at Pascoe Workforce Solutions, where he gained valuable experience in talent acquisition and management.
Currently, he serves as an Executive Recruiter in the Accounting & Finance division at J. Morrissey, where he continues to excel in identifying top talent for key positions.
Beyond his professional achievements, John has an interesting personal background. He spent part of his childhood living in Spain, which provided him with a global perspective and a rich cultural experience.
In addition to his career accomplishments, John is a former Division I football player at Bryant University, demonstrating his commitment to teamwork and dedication to excellence.