Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Longmeadow, MA US
In partnership with a local accounting firm, we are recruiting for an experienced Tax Specialist. This is a temporary position with a chance to turn into a permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
Can be full time or part time.
$25-35/ hr, depending on experience
- The Tax Specialist will help clients prepare and file their taxes
- Ensure accuracy of all tax forms, which will mostly be 1040s and 1120s
- Keep up to date on tax laws to ensure compliance
- Collect personal and financial information from clients
- Calculate tax returns
- Communicate with clients and tax authorities
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 3+ years of experience in a tax prep position
- Bachelor's in Accounting or related field is strongly preferred
- Must have experience using QuickBooks
- Strong work ethic
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.