Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
24 Industrial Park Road West Tolland, CT 06084
J.Morrissey is currently hiring for a multiple buyer positions for a client located in Tolland, CT.
This is a full time position, and will be temporary for several months.
The pay range for this position is $28-32 per hour, depending on experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support very active buyer department with consistent expediting and rescheduling material.
- Monitor stock levels, place orders, expedite and push out as needed
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery of materials in support of operations to meet customer delivery requirements
- Manage vendor performance
- Create and implement action plan to manage and control material deliveries
- Support proper escalation process in case of quality or supply chain crisis
- Ensure pricing/invoicing consistency
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience using SAP knowledge
- Experience in vendor management and supplier negotiations
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including formula creation, V-look up, Pivot tables, etc.
- Emphasis on customer service and satisfaction
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through
- Ability to prioritize issues and tasks effectively
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with an understanding of continuous improvement concepts
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume directly to this posting
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.