Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Virtualization Systems Engineer
Hartford, CT 06111 US
Virtualization Systems Engineer
Our client is within the 5000 fastest growing companies in the United States and is a leader in the FinTech space. This is a front-line position for the organization working with clientele in the Financial Services industry. If you are looking for a role where no two days are the same, this is the opportunity for you.
Here you will be very client facing and be tasked with providing high level services and consultations for the company’s client base throughout New England.
This is a direct hire position, with a compensation range of 90-110K+Bonus with an excellent benefits package, mileage/phone reimbursement, Laptop, and WFH (flexible hours) when not at client sites (located primarily in CT & MA but includes other Northeast States)
- Plan and execute server migrations from clients on prem infrastructure to the internal hosted virtual server infrastructure
- Assist team with the deployment of virtual desktops within VMWare, and assisting clientele with general IT services (Windows system administration, end user support, network troubleshooting, health checks, application installs)
- Provide general support for PC’s, networks and servers – physical and virtual
- Implementation and support for client virtual systems and core applications
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot workstations, servers, switches, printers and all related technologies
- Take part in preventative maintenance and security of servers, workstations, and applications
- Create diagrams and documentation of existing servers, applications, networks, and printers – perform upgrades and document
- Collaborate with other teams on various projects and initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience deploying Windows servers and MS exchange, with at least 1 year in professional services or financial industry
- Desired certifications (MSCE, CCNA, VCP), some certifications will be required within a year of joining the company
- Strong experience with MS Exchange servers, VMWare, VCenter, Windows Server 2008-2016, Desktop 7 and up, AD/Domain services, and Windows applications
- Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP and routing concepts
- Experience with enterprise backup solutions such as Commvault desired
- Prior experience with IGEL UMS, Dell EqualLogic, PowerShell/basic scripting, and VMware Horizon VDI preferred
- Ability to work with alone and with other teams to complete projects within deadlines
- Willingness to travel to client sites throughout New England, occasionally working weekends and after hours
Company HQ located in CT, this position allows working from an at home office (anywhere in the northeast) when not traveling, flexible hours
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiter, Information Technology
Chris Gamber Graduated from Hartwick College in Oneonta, New York with a Bachelor’s Degree of Business Administration and was a member of the Men’s Lacrosse Team. Chris has a passion to help IT professionals with their career goals has joined J Morrissey to represent our Information Technology recruitment team for Direct Hire and contract placements.